Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Wallet and Elgin Police Dept.





Yesterday we took a short road trip to Elgin. This was the final step in the wallet that was lost Jan. 19. T was riding the school bus coming from a soccer tournament in Katy. The team stopped at a convenience store in or around Elgin. She went to the bathroom, with her wallet in her warm up pants pocket. This is not where it is supposed to, revert back to many discussions on where to keep her wallet, so it slipped out of her pants. When she arrived at school she calls crying, hating to tell us about the lost wallet. We cancelled the debit card, replaced the drivers license and life went on for 2 weeks. Then she does it again...except this time we thought the new wallet and car keys were stolen out of her soccer bag (again not where they should be) during a soccer game. Same song second verse, replaced everything again. Last week the Elgin police department calls and said the wallet had been turned in, everything in tact, adding to that good news, a girl on her soccer team found her 2nd wallet and contents and car keys in her soccer bag, where T had put them by mistake. Needless to say we have an abundance of wallets, drivers license and debit cards. Hopefully, lesson learned!

We took this time to eat Bar-B-Q in Elgin, yummy, and on the way home stopped at Coupland Dance Hall. This is the oldest dance hall in Texas and in is located in a small off the beaten path town.The manager let us in to take pictures and look around. We saw a man carving granite just down the street from the dance hall, they seemed to be just growing out of the ground.

We were about 20 miles from home and I was driving my little silver bug, look in my rearview mirror and see a DPS car with lights flashing. I pull over and sure enough it was me he was after. He asked me if I was in a hurry, I said no, I wan only going 70....turns out the speed limit was 50! He was impressed, I guess that I admitted I was going 70 and that I didn't see the speed limit sign, so I drove away with only a warning. What a nice day that turned out to be!

3 comments:

Catherine said...

This is such a great story! Although I'm sorry you had to go through the hassle of replacing everything in the first wallet adventure!

Kerri said...

Whew!!! Nana better slooooooow down!!

Melanie said...

Oh my goodness! I would have been so embarrassed! Of course, I've driven fast on purpose before, too....

I'm glad you found those wallets and no harm was done!